We know it’s not always the easiest to plan a costume for Halloween. It takes a while to prepare, and can end up costing a fortune by the time you gather all your supplies. We’ve found some of our favourite Halloween makeup ideas, that require minimal makeup. You might even be able to find some of the supplies in the bag of a girl you know, so be nice and ask her for some support.
The Halloween Skeleton
Quite possibly the go-to look for men at Halloween. It’s easy, looks good and is a staple at any party. One thing we love about this Halloween Skeleton is the simplicity in the shading, and how it almost brings the skull to life. Here’s how to do it:
- Using a white face paint or white foundation, cover all of your skin.
- Taking a black eyeliner, or face paint, cover the eye area including above and below. Blend this out using a brush to smooth the edges.
- Outline the face and jaw with black face paint to emphasise the skull and create shadows.
- Using the black eyeliner, draw teeth across the lips and along the cheek to create an exaggerated ‘smile’.
- Colour in the tip of the nose, and use the black eyeliner to create small cracks in the skull.