Illamasqua is a cosmetics brand that since its inception have been at the cutting edge. With its creative influences lying in cabaret and punk rock, much of its range is suited to creating bolder looks for those who want to stand out from the crowd. But another crucial element of Illamasqua’s ethos is creating cosmetics for everyone, breaking down the stigmas that stand in the way of self-expression and self-confidence. The Illamasqua Skin Base Concealer is a perfect example of a product which does this. Concealer pens are a great addition to any man’s grooming collection, there to come to the rescue when you’re suffering from a breakout, a blemish, or you have bags under your eyes and feel like you need a refreshing boost. In this article, we run you through some basic steps for using the Illamasqua Skin Base Concealer.
Illamasqua Skin Base Concealer
The Illamasqua Skin Base Concealer is a pen with a Zamac nib, which allows for extremely easy application directly to the areas affected by blemishes. Enriched with the Vitamin E, the pen nourishes and protects your skin against ageing, as well as covering blemishes. Available in 7 shades, you’ll easily be able to find a colour that matches your skin tone.
How to use Illamasqua Skin Base Concealer
- Cleanse your skin
- Apply moisturiser
- Use a primer
- Apply concealer to affected areas
1. Cleanse your skinRinse your face with warm water, before applying a small amount of cleanser to your skin. Massage this in, making sure to cover creases where sebum and dirt are likely to build up. Wash off with warm water.
2. Apply MoisturiserCreate an even layer with a small amount of your everyday moisturiser. Focus particularly on the areas under the eyes, as well as any areas where you're intending to directly apply concealer.
3. Use a primerA primer allows for even coverage when applying concealer, as well as evening out and balancing your complexion. The Illamasqua Hydraveil Primer is a great choice for this job. It's lightweight, hydrating, and very easy to apply. A translucent product, it can easily form part of your day to day routine.
4. Apply concealer to affected areasUse the Illamasqua Skin Base Concealer pen to apply colour directly to areas you want to conceal. This could be the circles around your eyes, acne breakouts on your forehead or cheeks, or even just individual spots. Apply in a V shape with one click of the pen, before using the flat edge of the nib to pat into your skin for seamless and completely natural looking coverage.