Removing unwanted body hair
A few years ago, hair removal for men was still something of a novelty. Sure, a few brave souls would have their shoulders and backs waxed at their local beauty salon but that was about it. How things have changed! These days, hair removal is no more unusual than moisturising. In fact, according to research company Euromonitor, 3 out of ten 18-34 year olds remove body hair regularly, with 9 out of 10 of them reckoning they look better as a result. What’s more, surveys have repeatedly shown that women prefer their men to be smooth too. So if you fancy getting rid of that chest/shoulder/back hair here are your options…
1. Hair removal cream, wax or sugar
There are plenty of hair removal products to choose from and they don’t have to be fiddly or painful to use. Nads for MEN Hair Removal Strips
, for example, allow you to remove unwanted hair from the root, leaving your skin smooth for weeks. You simply warm the strips in your hands, apply to the skin and whip them off. It’s a process that takes minutes. Plus, because you’ve removed the hairs at the root, when they do grow back they’ll have soft pointed tips so won’t be as noticeable – or be itchy. For the best results, follow up with Tend Skin In Growing Hair Solution
which helps soothe skin and minimise redness after the hair has been removed. Or, if you prefer, you can try a product like Hair No More Hair Removing Cream
2. Hair trimmers
Electric or battery powered hair clippers have revolutionised the way you can tackle unwanted body hair. Here’s how to get the most out of a product like the Remington Body Hair Trimmer
* Shave in the shower. Not only is it less messy (all the hair clippings simply vanish down the plughole) the steam will soften hairs, making them easier to cut.
* Trim before you shave. Make shaving easier by trimming back body hair first with the special comb attachment. If you want, you can leave hair at this length rather than actually shaving the skin.
* Be consistent. If you’re trimming your chest hair make sure you also trim the hair on your stomach and around your nether regions or it’ll look uneven and odd. Likewise, if you’re going for a totally smooth look down below make sure you do your stomach too!
* Make shaving part of your daily routine. To reduce the chances of itchy re-growth get into the habit of shaving regularly. A few minutes, a couple of times a week while you shower is all it takes to stay super-smooth.
* Guard your crown jewels. If you’re shaving your crown jewels, take a cold shower first or splash them with cold water – they’ll be much easier to shave if they’re tight and drawn up towards the body. Then apply a good dollop of shaving foam and shave with short, gentle strokes. Afterwards, apply a little aftershave balm or moisturiser.
* Don’t rush! Take your time, decide what kind of look you want before you start and don’t get too carried away. You can always take more off – but you can’t stick it back on!