Community User /
If you’re looking for a natural approach to hair care to go with your favourite Mankind hair treatments, but you don’t want to compromise on looks, then you might be interested in some of these home remedies for how to get healthy hair. A few of them are well known and have been used for centuries, but others will be new to you. But the big advantage of all of them? You’ll be using natural ingredients rather than man-made chemicals, and they’re a cost-effective way to look after your hair when you temporarily run out of your go-to Mankind hair products!
Hair can easily become damaged due to harsh products, weather, heat styling and other external factors. Luckily, there are a range of natural remedies which will help you to get healthy hair at home. Some of our favourite natural remedies include:
• Potato juice – it sounds weird but it really works – potato juice has been used for centuries to encourage hair growth. Simply put a potato into a juice extractor, then apply the juice to your hair. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and shampoo as normal. (If you don’t have a juicer, you can grate potatoes and squeeze the gratings).
• Rosemary oil – rosemary has long been used in the Middle East as a hair stimulant. Mix a few drops with your shampoo or conditioner, or massage it into your scalp using a carrier oil.
• Coconut milk – this is packed with vitamins, minerals, protein and healthy fats. Apply it to your hair and leave it on overnight for best results – it’s great for damaged hair as well as stimulating new hair growth.
• Apple cider vinegar – this is one of the better known home hair remedies. Rinse your hair with it for extra shine and a healthy scalp – an alternative answer to the conundrum of how to get healthy hair!
• Green tea – this ultra healthy tea is well-known for its high levels of antioxidants, and applied to your hair it can boost growth and prevent hair loss. Mix up a strong brew and apply it warm to your hair. Leave it for at least an hour and then rinse off.
• Cayenne pepper – mix this super hot spice with olive oil and apply it to your scalp. It will stimulate blood flow to the hair follicle, bringing nutrients and encouraging growth.
• Onion juice – hear us out! Just like potato juice, onion juice has been used for centuries to promote hair health. It’s thought that the sulphur in onions stimulates collagen production and so results in strong and healthy hair shafts. Grate a couple of onions and squeeze out the juice. Apply it to your hair for 15 minutes before shampooing.
• Jojoba oil – this is a favourite ingredient in commercial hair products – and rightly so! Its moisturising properties replenish dry and damaged hair.
• Olive oil – it’s already in your kitchen, so why not take advantage of what it can offer your hair? Olive oil will not only benefit your hair from the inside, it can also be used as a conditioning treatment. Add a few drops of lavender, sage or rosemary oil and warm it gently. It will moisturise your hair and the antioxidants it contains are vital for hair health. Afterwards, your hair will be amazingly smooth and shiny!
Alternatively, you can save the hassle of mixing your own formulas and invest in a good quality hair mask. Here are some of our top picks for healthy hair:
Have you been wondering how to get healthy hair? You can do it from the comfort of your own home with a whole range of natural remedies alongside the huge selection of hair care products that we stock here at Mankind. Let us how you get healthy hair in the comments below, or on social using @Mankindcouk.
NiceHair is a hair loss prevention specialist website featuring tips, tricks and advice on hair loss prevention, interviews, healthy eating, delicious recipes as well as beauty tips, product reviews and lists some of the best shampoos for hair loss. For more information please visit nicehair.org and get in touch.
In return for their Top Grooming Tips, we gave our followers the opportunity to win a prize from Jack Black. We were really impressed by the entries, so we turned your grooming advice into a blog article for our readers.
2018-02-15 07:30:34 •
Looking to impress someone this Valentine's day but stuck for ideas? No need to stress, we've done the hard work for you. Check out our extremely useful, if slightly intimidating, Valentine's day tips for men (from women).
2018-02-06 09:26:35 •
In the first instalment of the Mankind Diaries, New Years and ARgENTUM Apothecary are on the table.
2018-01-01 09:00:50 •
Dry January's great, but make sure you get it right. The Mankind blog takes you through the Dos and Don'ts of the nation's favourite mass-detox.
2018-01-01 00:30:49 •