According to the met office we’re in for a ‘BBQ summer’. So just in case, by any remote chance, they’re actually right, here are few simple strategies for staying cool, calm and collected.
1. Steer clear of synthetics. Man-made fibres don’t allow the skin to breathe so wear loose fitting cotton clothes instead. Or opt for fabrics which ‘wick’ moisture away from the skin to keep it cool. Equmen’s T-shirts and vests do this, ensuring skin stays cool and comfortable.
2. Wear white. Black clothing absorbs every wavelength of visible light making it (and hence you) warm. White clothing, on the other hand, reflects light keeping you cooler for longer.
3. Get trimming! The bacteria that cause body odour thrive on body hair and by trimming with a product like The Philips Body Groom System it back you’ll feel cooler, smell fresher and look better too!
4. Invest in a summer fragrance. Lighter and fresher than regular fragrances, summer scents are specially formulated to work in warm weather. Those that contain citrus notes are especially good because they literally ‘zing’ off the skin making it feel cool. Miller Harris’s zesty Citron Citron is a great example.
5. Stay hydrated. The human body is 75% water and dehydration doesn’t just affect your muscles and joints, it affects the brain too which is why we often end up irritable and headachey in hot weather. To avoid these problems, stay hydrated by drinking the recommended 6-8 glasses of water a day.
6. Cut back on caffeine. Caffeine increases sweat production so swap tea, coffee and cola for cooling water or fruit juice instead.
7. Factor up. Not only does sunburn increase your risk of developing skin cancer it also reduces the skin’s ability to release excess heat making you hotter too so always apply a sunscreen if you’re heading out into the sun.
Lee, Mankind Grooming Ed
No Post Tags
Major fan of scented candles, Make Up brushes and Highlighter. I’m always on the hunt for those Holy Grail products and my dressing table is covered in more beauty products than I like to admit. As an adopted Northerner originally from Brighton, I spend most my days wondering what all this rain is about. My hair isn’t grateful for the move.
Currently loving: NIOD Photography Fluid
Dentin hypersensitivity, more commonly known as sensitive teeth, is a problem which affects an enormous number of people, and it seems to be on the rise. For this reason, it's more important than ever to ensure you're taking care of your enamel. Find out our perfect sensitive teeth solution here.
2018-06-24 09:00:37 •
Whether you're looking to create a classic slicked-back look, a greaser-style pompadour, or just to add something extra when styling your hair, a pomade is a great solution. Check out our favourites here.
2018-06-22 17:11:03 •
A men's grooming kit is something every man should have and be able to rely on in times of needs. Whether you need to control your facial and bodily hair, or just need to ensure you have some skincare basics, check out our best men's grooming kits.
2018-06-19 17:40:23 •
Pre-stylers are extremely useful for creating the ideal hair style, and we think they're perhaps the most underused men's hair product. Find out everything you need to know about the pre-stylers we have on offer in this blog post.
2018-06-16 09:00:14 •